Safety Concerns and Disclaimer: Earthwise makes no medical claims
for the use of these Essential oils.
Essential oils are highly concentrated substances and as such should be
treated with caution and respect. The following guidelines are important:
1. Consult an authority before using any essential oil. Some essential oils
should be avoided by pregnant or nursing women, epileptics, and those with high or low blood pressure.
2. If you have ANY medical condition or are undergoing a medical or alternative
medical treatment, consult a medical practitioner before using essential oils.
3. Consult an authority before applying any essential oil to the skin; always
test on a small area of skin before applying essential oils to a large area of the body (some suggest applying a small drop
of properly diluted essential oil to the inside of the elbow).
4. Never use undiluted essential oils on the skin.
5. Never use essential oils on or with children.
6. Do not add essential oils directly into bathwater because water is not
a good solvent for essential oils. To add to the bath, first dilute the essential oil in a liquid soap or shampoo.
7. Never take essential oils internally.
8. Citrus and pine oils can be photosensitizing—do not use topically
before exposure to sunlight or ultraviolet light because rash or pigmentation may occur. After six months these oils are best
used for non-contact, fragrance purposes such as in oil burners and diffusers, candles, and incense.
9. Keep essential oils out of the reach of children and away from eyes.
10. If pure or diluted essential oils make contact with eyes or are taken
internally, consult a medical practitioner immediately.
11. If irritation occurs when essential oils are applied to the skin, discontinue
use immediately and flush the area with fatted milk or vegetable oil.
12. Keep undiluted essential oils stored in tightly sealed dark glass bottles
away from sunlight and away from all other chemicals or potentially flammable, volatile, or unstable substances or sources.
I am not licensed a licensed healthcare or aromatherapy professional. Any
information I offer on the sale or uses of essential oils is for educational purposes only, and is accurate and complete to
the best of my knowledge. The use or misuse of any product I sell is outside my control, and I make no guarantee expressed
or implied in relation to aromatherapy or the use of essential oils.